For sensitive legal advice regarding family matters, covering Welling, Erith and beyond, call Chancellors Lea Brewer LLP Solicitors on:
Bexleyheath, Welling, Crayford and Bexley
Our services include:
- Inheritence tax planning
- Severance of your Tenancy
Our specalist advisors Alison Kernsley and Tara Pitts are members of Soliciors for the Elderly, an independant national organisation where members provide specialist legal advice for older and vulnerable people, their familiers and carers.
Wills from Chancellors Lea Brewer
Wills allow you to:
- State who you wish to look after any children
- Detail your funeral wishes
- Create trusts to safeguard property and assets.
Correcting some legal myths
Many people presume if you die without a valid will, your spouse or civil partner will inherit everything. This is not always the case. It depends on the Intestacy Rules. Depending on the value of what you leave, your spouse/civil partner may receive only part of your assets, the rest passing to other relatives. If you live with a partner, they have no automatic entitlement to anything. Without a will, if you do not have relatives, your assets will pass to the Crown, Duchy of Lancaster, or Duchy of Cornwall.
Our Will services include:
- Will preparation and execution – If a will has been prepared inaccurately or has been signed incorrectly it may not be valid or its terms may be so unclear that disputes arise or clarification is needed from the court as to what you were intending. For these reasons we urge against preparing a will personally or using an off the shelf will kit.
- Advice on all relevant matters including tax planning – Prior to the preparation of a professional will, we ensure that all clients receive advice relevant to their current financial and family situation. We consider any inheritance tax implications with you and will identify if there is any scope for tax planning both before and after death.
- Review of existing wills – If you already have a will you should ensure that you regularly review its contents, particularly if your circumstances change or if there have been changes in the law, to make sure it is still suitable. We are happy to review an old will to ascertain if it requires updating.
- Special Offer– make a Lasting Power of Attorney at the same time as you make a will and receive a 10% reduction on our fees for a Lasting Power of Attorney.
We serve much of the South East, including Gravesend and Keston. Click here to make an enquiry Our work is not outsourced and you will deal with the same person from start to finish. For legal advice on family matters contact us today.